Disarmed at the Armory
Gives you a fascinating insight into the history of Newington Armory.
Listen to stories of depot working life during its years operating as a Naval Armament Depot and view displays of armaments and other special equipment.
Tour highlights include:
Coach Travel , Morning Tea & Lunch
- Dedicated Tour Guide for every 20 participants.
- Tour commentary aboard the heritage train.
- Guided exploration of the original 1897 precinct and wharf.
- A torch lit walk through the lantern passageways of the original gunpowder magazine (not open to the public).
- Access to former explosives storehouse and laboratory.
- Interpretive working life display and armament display.
- Exclusive access to Newington Armory.
Please note, a small amount of walking is involved on this tour.